We have four test images right now:
- v2.0_ds2_l000_13pca_map20.fits - this is a Bolocam Galactic Plane Survey FITS continuum image in Galactic coordinates. Use it to test FITS files and Galactic coordinates.
- br1202_wide.image - this is ALMA science verification cube imaged over a wide enough bandwidth that CLEAN has created a per-plane beam. Use it to test per-plane beams and CASA cubes.
- TWHydra_cont1.3mm.image - this is ALMA science verification data images as a continuum with a degenerate spectral axis. Use it to test continuum images.
- TWHydra_CO3_2line.image - this is an ALMA science verification data cube. Use it to test CASA cubes.
Additional types in Darrell's original suite: Complex data type, model cube, measurement set. Also to be added: Full Stokes.
Tests should be performed on both Linux and Mac OSX.
- Trigger every GUI control item (button, combobox, checkbox, radiobutton, etc.) with possible user controls (mouse clicking, mouse dragging, keyboard entry) in arbitrary order. One expects no crashes or freezes.
- Test that the viewer has the capabilities described in the User Manual, Cookbook, and other documentation.
- Open an image cube.
- Open the spectral browser then create a region (try ellipse, point, square, poly)
- Create a region then open the spectral browser. You should get a spectrum.
- Close and open the browser.
- Drag the region around. The spectrum should update.
- Create several other regions. Check the the spectrum follows mouse focus.
- Change the units on the top and bottom axes.
- Change the units on the left axes. Check that these scale sanely.
- Change the velocity type.
- Change between median, mean, sum, flux density. Turn error on and off for the median and mean.
- Click around window: in window, change units.
- CRTL+right click to jump the channel in the browser. CTRL+right click+drag. Do this after changing units.
- cube, alma evla, fits, stokes, velocity frames, eq/glon: frequency, multi-stokes, projections, sky rotations --> automatic imview
pick 2 or 3 for manual tests.
go through display options with one raster one contour
separate ia tool, clean, import fits
check different OS
- maybe casaguides -> Juergen to send link in casaguides
-> adam: linux ALMA cube; juergen: mac os; EVLA polarization IQUV cube -> send also to Adam; skyview fits
come up with clicks.
george, patrick, mark, juergen,