Simulating Observations in CASA v3.0.1
From CASA Guides
simdata is under active development, documentation may lag reality, please email rindebet at nrao.edu with any questions - It's my job to help you use this software
Steps to simulation
- download and install CASA
- Input Model - Preparing a patch of sky for simdata to pseudoobserve.
- Antenna List - how to specify the positions and diameters of your antennas or stations.
- Specifying Observation - how to set up what/when/how you want to observe, and the output image details
- Corrupting Observation - (Optional) For added realism, corrupt your visibilities with thermal and phase noise.
- Deconvolve Image (Optional) Go back from the calculated visibilities to a synthesis image