Simulating Observations in CASA v3.0.1
From CASA Guides
- simdata is under active development, documentation may lag reality, please email rindebet at nrao.edu with any questions - It's my job to help you use this software*
= Steps to simulation
- download and install CASA
- InputModel - Preparing a patch of sky for =simdata= to pseudoobserve.
- AntennaList - how to specify the positions and diameters of your antennas or stations.
- SpecifyingObservation - how to set up what/when/how you want to observe, and the output image details
- AddingNoise - (Optional) For added realism, corrupt your visibilities with thermal and phase noise.
- DeconvolveImage (Optional) Go back from the calculated visibilities to a synthesis image