Difference between revisions of "Contributed CASA Tasks and Scripts"
From CASA GuidesJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
* <big> '''[[CASA Contributed Task: makeschedule | makeschedule ]]'''</big> --- A CASA Task to create complete schedules for JVLA observations that can be imported as a scan lists into the OPT, including initial setup, observations of flux and banpass calibrators, pointing scans, and phase calibrators.
* <big> '''[https://github.com/chrishales/plot3d
* <big> '''[https://github.com/chrishales/plot3d plot3d]'''</big> --- CASA task to quickly inspect a measurement set for RFI by plotting time vs frequency vs amplitude.
* <big> '''[https://github.com/chrishales/pieflag pieflag]'''</big> --- CASA task to flag bad data by drawing upon statistics from reference channels in bandpass-calibrated data.
Revision as of 12:18, 2 February 2015
CASA User-contributed Tasks
CASA Contributed Tasks: Overview --- Learn how to use contributed CASA tasks
- Analysis Utilities (python module) --- A Python module containing utilities for analysis and plotting, including (among many others):
- Plotbandpass --- a faster version of plotcal for bandpass tables, with useful overlay capabilities
- EditIntents --- change the intents for a specified field in an ms
- getBaselineLengths --- returns a dictionary of the baseline lengths in your ms, by default sorted by length
- lstrange --- lists the range of LST, UT, MJD for the whole ms, and for scans with OBSERVE_TARGET intent (including the elevation range)
- obslist --- prints the antenna station coordinates in local offsets from the Center of Array, and computes longest/shortest baselines
- planet --- contacts the JPL Horizons telnet service and returns the J2000 position, velocity, angular diameter, range and range rate of a solar system object
- plotconfig --- plot any standard telescope configuration of observatories known to casa, and return an array of the sorted baseline lengths
- plotmosaic --- shows relative location of pointings in an .ms
- plotPWV --- reads the PWV from each antenna's WVR from the ASDM_CALWVR table in an ms, and creates a plot vs. time
- plotweather --- plot weather conditions vs. time for your ms
- plotWVRSolutions --- plot the WVR solutions in terms of baseline-based phase corrections
- scaleweights -- scale the data weights by a factor, or take thee square or square root
- searchFlux --- searches the ALMA calibrator database for flux density measurements
- smoothbandpass --- smooths an existing bandpass table with options for window length and type
- Spectralindex --- performs a least-squares fit to the multi-spw output from fluxscale
- TimeOnSource --- compute the total time spent integrating on-source for each specified field
- findsources --- This CASA task will find sources from VIZIER catalogs to place outlier fields on them for clean
- listsdm --- A CASA task to list the contents of the SDM archive files
- stitch --- A CASA task that replaces some channels of a spectral with those of a second spectral window. This is useful, e.g., to remove the 128MHz "suckout" frequency ranges and replace them with channels from a slightly frequency-shifted second baseband
- makeschedule --- A CASA Task to create complete schedules for JVLA observations that can be imported as a scan lists into the OPT, including initial setup, observations of flux and banpass calibrators, pointing scans, and phase calibrators.
- plot3d --- CASA task to quickly inspect a measurement set for RFI by plotting time vs frequency vs amplitude.
- pieflag --- CASA task to flag bad data by drawing upon statistics from reference channels in bandpass-calibrated data.
CASA Observatory-contributed Scripts
- Jansky VLA pipeline script --- The VLA calibration pipeline homepage
- The Nordic ALMA Arc node --- offers a few CASA tasks and scripts, including uvmultifit, fakeobs, and closures
CASA User-contributed Scripts
- getgain --- Reads the EVLA GainCurves file and make a plot for a specified antenna and band.
- Align Cubes by Velocity --- A script that will align two data cubes along their velocity axes
- Mosaicking Utilities --- A few utilities to help setting up and reducing mosaicking observations
- Transient Reduction pipeline --- Simple reduction of data taken in continuum mode to determine a flux density of an essentially unresolved or only partially resolved source
- Software Tools For Radio Astronomy --- A collection of python toolkits for radio astronomical data cubes