From CASA Guides
(Redirected from ALMAguides for CASA 3.4)
- Guides for reducing ALMA Science Verification data using CASA 4.3
- The links below lead to overview pages for each science verification observation. The guides themselves are linked from the overview pages. These guides are a useful tools for those who would like to learn the process of calibration and imaging in detail.
- TWHydraBand7: The protoplanetary disk source TW Hya at Band 7 (0.87 mm)
- NGC3256Band3: The galaxy merger NGC 3256 at Band 3 (3 mm)
- AntennaeBand7: Mosaic of the galaxy merger NGC 4038/4039 (Antennae) at Band 7 (0.87 mm)
- IRAS16293Band9: Mosaic of the protostellar cluster IRAS16293-2422 at Band 9 (0.45 mm)
- File:BR1202 SV Band7 Calibration notes.pdf: Supplemental notes on the calibration of Science Verification target BR1202-0725 in CASA 3.3
- A Guide to Processing ALMA Data for Cycle 0
- This page takes you through the steps of processing Cycle 0 data from the ALMA data archive. The guide describes some helpful hints for downloading the data, and describes the process all the way through imaging and self-calibration, and image analysis.
- You can also get a look at example data calibration scripts used for Cycle 0 data at the following links. These were written for CASA 3.4 The latest version is 4.2.
- A Guide to Simulating ALMA Data. Start here to learn about simulations.
- Jump directly to the simulations examples with the following links. Current version = 4.3
- Analysis Utilities -- a Python module containing utilities for analysis and plotting.
- Solar System Models in CASA 4.0 and beyond
- Other useful Information